Fogo Island Inn Holiday Partridgeberry Scone Recipe
You may not be with us at Fogo Island Inn this holiday season, but you can still feel the warmth of waking up on a winter's morning surrounded by friends, loved ones, and a shared batch of our Holiday Partridgeberry Scones. Fogo Islanders take advantage of time spent indoors during our stronger seasons to indulge in favourite recipes that often employ the bottled and canned preserves prepared during our Late Fall and Berry Seasons. Partridgeberries are an especially cherished ingredient—tart and tempting. If you can't get your hands on this beloved Island berry, you may substitute your own choice of seasonal berries in the scone recipe below.
Fogo Island Inn Holiday Partridgeberry Scones
Makes approximately: 8 scones
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp white sugar
1/3 cup butter
½ cup buttermilk
¼ cup partridgeberries (fresh, dried, or replaced with a berry of your choice)
1. Measure all the dry ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
2. Use a cheese grater to grate in the cold butter. Rub the butter in with your fingers to break up any large lumps.
3. Add the partridgeberries and mix well.
4. Add the buttermilk and toss to coat.
5. Gently fold and press the dough as you would a biscuit, being careful not to overwork it. Press together the dough and cut into desired shape for scones.
6. Bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Enjoy still-warm from the oven, or as a daybreak treat to greet the morning.
Image Credit: Nicole Wolf Photography
Posted by: fogo_admin
International Reservations / General Enquiries: +1 709 658 3444
US & Canada Reservations: +1 855 268 9277
General Enquiries: email@example.com